Next was I got excited when I found the Knock-Off Wood blog. I convinced Mike to build a bed for Kylie and I wasn't ready to stop there. Gathering courage to try something new I decided to build a small bookcase. Being very excited about how it turned out I was wanting to try something bigger.
After looking through the PBteen catalog I saw a bed that I thought would be perfect for Kiersten. Adapting some plans I got from the Knock-Off Wood site this is what I came up with....
the beginings of the headboard and footboard.

We were quite a pair this weekend. Thankfully Mike knows a bit about small engines and was able to rebuild the engine (practically) and get our lawn/weeds mowed.

Unfortunately, through no fault of my own, our drill broke. I borrowed one from a friend. Immediately the thought of a keyless chuck came to mind. This drill was different from ours and I had never used a drill that required a key. After a few, unsuccessful, tries the drill bit would not stay in! So off I go to our neighbor to ask to use their drill. Well, they had a fancy, dancy cordless that I was a little too intimidated to use. They offered their old "corded" one and I was much more comfortable with this option. Fortunately, the key was attached to the cord and I realized that yes I did indeed need a key for the first borrowed drill.

Back on track

This finished product!

This was the perfect excuse to send Mike shopping for a new drill. Wow! what a drill! I can't wait for the next project! I guess I'd better get caught up with the laundry, cleaning, cooking, finances, etc., etc., etc.

6 comments:
How handy are you?! Seriously. Amazing. I am loving the drill story. I have many of my own. Hate those things.
I love it!! That is exactly what I want to make for Skylah's bed!! Beautiful!!
I LOVE IT! That looks amazing! And the bed looks pretty good too. Ha ha- I have a healthy case of drill envy, now, thanks- really- the bed is georgeous! You did a great job!
Awesome! You are so talented! I'm excited for your next project :) :)
The bed looks fantastic! You inspire me!!
Wow! That is gorgeous!!! I'm so impressed! What does the other bed look like? (did I miss that one?) Great job!
Post a Comment