Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

After missing the Christmas snow we finally got to experience a beautiful blanket of white covering our neighborhood this morning. Actually, it started falling last night, but I made the kids go to bed because I was tired. Anyway...here's what we did in the snow!

The roads hadn't been plowed, and we had to take it slow, but we made it over to Dublin Park to do some TUBING!

We got to the sledding hill about the same time as a bunch of other people. They had all kinds of things to sled on. I saw cardboard, plywood, plastic storage bins, trash bags. Needless to say those didn't work well. When we started piling on the HUGE inner tube everyone stopped to watch...
Photobucket

It was all downhill from there! (ha,ha)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Look out for the tube train!
Photobucket

We met some friends while we were there. It's amazing how much attention a big tube can draw.
Photobucket

Even with a face full of snow, a fun time was had by all.
Photobucket

Kylie's face was warm all day!
Photobucket

I think Mike had the best time of us all!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...

Awesome pictures!! It has been a great snow day!

Anonymous said...

great pictures! That is an awesome hill to have! :) So fun!

Natalie said...

I love your tubing pictures. What a fun snow day for my Alabama friends.

Jessica M said...

OK, this post had me laughing from start to finish. Looks like y'all had a blast. Great pictures!

Charity said...

You got such great pictures! I'm working on getting mine up soon! Thanks for sharing the tube!

Cindy said...

Awesome pictures - I love Mike's expression on the tube :-) Hope you enjoyed the snow day!!! Cindy

Stacey said...

That looks like the coolest thing ever! So much fun. I cannot believe you guys had so much snow! Miss you all!

Karen said...

You win for the best idea. Seriously looks like a blast.

danakat said...

SO FUN!!!
Laughed through the entire post. :)