Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Fun

Tuesday was a kind of scarey day. We had some bad weather. The tornado sirens were going off and on most of the day. The kids were sent home early and spent awhile in our little "storm shelter" (think sleeping bags on the floor of the pantry) until I got home to tell them it was O.K. to get out. I'm so lucky to have such great, responsible kids! All of our activities for the day were canceled (insert squeal of delight here) so we had an evening of family fun!

Did you know that Halloween is on Sunday this year? Well, it is. That means no trick-or-treating for us. You would think that this is the scariest thing you could say to my children!

Fortunately, they will have several opportunities to get plenty of junk. We've had the ward trunk-or-treat, that is about the amount of candy I'm comfortable letting my kids have, but they want more! Publix is giving away candy on Saturday, wait let me check, yep 4-7 for kids 12 and under (sorry Kylie) Lastly, some one is planning a ward trick-or-treat route for Saturday. So don't feel sorry for us. We will have more than our fair share of candy.

Anyway, here are this year's pumpkins. I restrained myself and let the girls do everything by them own selves. (does that sound southern?) Well, almost by themselves. Here's a shot of our lovely assistant who helped where help was needed.
Photobucket

Note: Kylie got 8 inches cut off her hair this last weekend! This makes her third donation to locks for love.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The finished products!
Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Cherry's said...

What srtists you have! Love, Love, Love the Hair Kylie! We must be related, I almost need a haircut the day after I get my hair cut :)

Jessica M said...

The pumpkins look terrific! Good work ladies! I enjoyed seeing Kylie tonight. Tell her she made an excellent "bouncer".

Karen said...

I am so impressed with the time that went into those pumpkins. Same great times I am sure. Love all the shots.

Sawdust Girl said...

Looks like fun.

Ok, so this is a weird place to write all this but your email address isn't set up with your profile so I couldn't just respond to your comment on my "Install your Corbel" video post...and I really wanted to.

I want to thank you for your comment. It makes me so happy to hear that you feel empowered to do for yourself instead of waiting for the someone else to do for you. I mean, it's great if your hubby is handy enough and has the time to do projects for you. Mine isn't- and doesn't. And, I like doing all this stuff myself. I feel very empowered, strong, confident... and I'm just super happy to hear that you are feeling empowered to. That's all!

:-) Sandra