
This team is hands down the funnest group of girls that I have had the pleasure of watching play volleyball! And they finished the season in 1st place. The more fun they had, the better they did. Isn't it nice when that happens?!
The tournament started out kind of rocky. This last Tuesday they needed to win all three games to advance to the championship on Saturday. We, of little faith, thought it was the last game of the season. That's what I told Reagan just so she wouldn't complain about going to the game.
We were wrong.
When they came home that night, Reagan could barely contain her overflowing gush of excited excitement! This girl has struggled with her serve all season. At times missing the ball completely. An uneasy silence follows because this doesn't happen often and the players aren't quite sure what to do. The up ref usually gives her a kind, sympathetic smile and encourages her to try again. With a swing and a prayer she'll finally hit the ball and it usually falls short of the net.
BUT NOT TONIGHT! She got two serves over! AND...stopped the other team's two best servers! In this league one server can only score five in a row. Then the ball goes to the other team. That way the game doesn't get too lopsided too quickly. The other team's server served right to Reagan, and BOOM right back over the net it went! Their next good server served, and BOOM Reagan hit it right back at them again!
They won all three games! And the crowd went wild!
So wild in fact that, I'm told, the adjoining gym had to close the doors to continue with their games.
They play in the championship later today. Wish us well!
5 comments:
Good luck girls! You guys are so awesome!
That is fantastic! Way to go girls! Congrats on the serve, Reagan...woo hoo!
I love the reflection in the gym floor. Very awesome picture!!
Hmmm, the the two girls who are making the craziest faces just happen to be two girls I know. :) Congratulations! Carrie, did you receive the email invite to my blog?
GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!
This does look like a bunch of very fun girls. Good luck today.
John and I had a great laugh at the last post about Mike, so funny!
Post a Comment