Friday, September 04, 2009

BIRTHDAY GIRLS! and A LOT of bragging

These are my birthday twins. =)

Their actual birthday isn't until the 6th, but I couldn't wait! I got the idea to make these from someone else's blog.

KIERSTEN 11
BORN: September 6th, 1998 4:09am
A.K.A. Our favorite middle child
Kiersten,11th Birthday



Kiersten was a screamer. Within an hour of being sent to the nursery so I could get some sleep, I heard a baby screaming. Not just crying, screaming. Deep down I knew they were coming for me. I was right. Evidently she really liked me and we decided to keep her. (grin)

She oozes with creativity. From pre-school to now her teachers have noticed her artistic ability and submitted many works for awards. In kindergarten, one picture was displayed at our local art museum, in forth grade one of her drawings was accepted by Crayola for their website where it may still be on display,(honestly, the resolution of the photo doesn't do the picture justice) and she has several pieces on display in the Thorum family home.

She is an awesome middle child. Kiersten is easy going with a BIG heart. She has a soft spot for animals. Our neighbors are finding out that she is the go to girl for pet sitting. Which works out fine for this pet free family!

She is an excellent student, which I must admit I am surprised. In second grade she couldn't spell worth beans! Now she comes home with stellar grades in every subject!

If you ever face her on a soccer field, be afraid, be very afraid. When she was five, I told her first soccer coach that her defense mechanism was to cry. Her very first soccer game a little boy tried to take the ball away from her and it was GAME ON BUDDY!. A whole new Kiersten! She ended up one of the toughest players on the team with six boys and only two girls. Her fierceness on the field continues today

This year she is participating in the following:
School Choir
Safety Patrol (at school)
Enrichment
VFC Lady Aresenal
Piano (no choice here)
Activity Day



REAGAN 9
BORN: September 6th, 2000 4:27am
A.K.A. Our favorite youngest child

Reagan,9th Birthday

When Reagan was born she just observed. That's pretty much what she did for the first few years of life. She watched and figured things out. She was by far the easiest baby I had.

Once she started getting around I had to be sharp. Like I said she watched and figured things out. She didn't ask for help, she did it on her own. She was a curious little girl that got into everything, and I have the pictures to prove it! (check out May 12, 2005 on my blog archive)

Reagan is spontaneous! She is fun! Where ever she goes she makes friends. She is a great friend. At times she will write love notes and secret messages that really brighten my day. She is even been moved to spontaneous making my bed for me!

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Reagan in the entertainment business someday. That's were her passion lies. She loves to make people laugh. Although she is no longer pursuing dance, she loves to be on stage and in the spotlight.

She loves (ok tolerates) school. She works hard to make sure that everyone is treated fairly and is kind to everyone else. Her imagination helps keep her, and others, entertained.

Two quick stories about Reagan (both from preschool)
First, she went to school and was very sad and started to cry. When she was asked what the matter was she told them she was sad because her mother died. Her teachers giggled because they had seen me that morning before Reagan got on the bus. What an actress tears and everything!

Secondly, she told her teacher that her dad wasn't living with her right now. When I went to pick her up from school the teacher pulled me aside and asked me if Mike and I were seperating. I was very confused. When she told me what Reagan had said I then had to explain to the teacher that Mike was indeed not living with us, but only for one week while he was away on business in Germany.

We feel so lucky to have these incredible little girls in our family!

5 comments:

kg said...

Same birthday!!? Fun, happy birthday girls!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

You have every reason to brag! Happy, happy birthday cute birthday girls!

Karen said...

Ahhh. What a great post! Made me smile. I can't believe that they not only share their birthday but almost the same time! Crazy.

Lisha said...

I didn't know they shared a birthday! I loved reading about your girls, and I feel like I know them a little better now!

B said...

say hi to keirsten and reagan for me! happy bday guys!
-b