Friday, August 14, 2009

Kylie, Braces, & The Huntsville Stars (part 2)

A little more explanation is necessary...

Each summer our orthodontists' office provides two free tickets and meal vouchers for any of their patients that would like to attend a Huntsville Stars baseball game. They also have a raffle for three different opportunities for fun activities at the game. Each time Kylie had an ortho appointment this summer she got a ticket to enter any of the three drawings.

1. Throwing out the first pitch
2. Saying "Play Ball" at the start of the game or
3. Sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch.

Kylie LOVES to sing. So it was no surprise that she chose the singing, but it was a surprise that she won.

The entire office staff was at the game and made the game fun. Our orthodontist even video taped Kylie singing. (I'll put that video up when I get it) I tried to take some pictures, but there was a guy standing in my way, so I didn't get very good ones.

I think she had a great time doing it. Maybe she'll be lucky enough to do it again next year.


Photobucket

Post Script

Another little known fact about me...I get excited to see fellow Kansans away from home.

I looked down in the dugout and saw a familiar name. When I went down for further investigation, sure enough this is who I thought it was.

This is Ken Berry. He went to high school with my dad. His son played soccer and baseball with my baby brother.

All I knew about him was that he was a hitting coach for some major league team and travelled a lot. After talking to my brother, I learned he played in the majors and won two gold gloves. I learned on my own that he was technical advisor for the film "Eight Men Out". Kind of cool.
Photobucket

5 comments:

kg said...

Very exciting! What a brave girl :)

Lisha said...

That is way cool, I for sure wouldn't have signed up to do that! Way to go Kylie!

hope said...

That is so neat!!! How exciting for you all!

Quincy Sorensen said...

This is AWESOME! Does Kylie look like a natural out there or what!? WAY TO GO! I know what you mean, Kansan, I felt that way at BYU when I would meet a fellow Georgian or Southerner.

Mike & Nicole said...

Good job Kylie! Can't wait to see the video.