Monday, March 09, 2009

Soccer Practice

I took the camera to Kiersten's soccer practice tonight. Remeber SOOC. Still practicing.
I am discovering that when you're trying to capture "action" there is usually a funny face that goes along with it. (poor Kiersten has no arms)



Oh, wait a minute. Whew! Her arms are back!





Kylie and Reagan came to soccer practice so they could play on the playground. I'm glad to see Kylie isn't too old to have fun. =)



I don't know if this photo is big enough for you to see but....there is a very small spider on the bottom petal of the center blossom. You can see the some of its handy work below.




I took this photo tonight (Monday) The photo I posted earlier today is the same branch on Friday.

3 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...

Great shots! I am jealous of that new camera! ;)

Quincy Sorensen said...

I am so surprised! I was leaving a comment on Lisa's blog and I saw your name on her blog list. I am so glad to know about your blog and to keep better tabs on how you are doing! I never seem to get a chance to talk to you as much as I would like! I am impressed with these action shots. Inspiring!

Elder Beech said...

Carrie,

I am currently serving as the Enrichment Counsellor in my ward. This past week we had 2 guest speakers come to speak of the "Legacy of Faith of the Early North Texas Saints." Brother Hubbard was excellent. We also had Newel Kay Brown come. He wrote the song, "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission."

Brother Brown made a wish on Tuesday Night. He wished he could get a compilation of stories of how his song, "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" has impacted members of the church around the world. I thought that as a token of thanks to him not only for coming to speak to us, but as a thank you for his faithfulness and for that song; we could start a compilation of stories. If you could just write what comes to you and send back to me I will start gathering these stories. I would really love it if you extended this invitation to friends, family, mission companions, etc from all walks of life to do the same. As you receive these, you can just get them to me. I will then have these bound in some way to give to him. I am hoping to have this 'project' completed by the beginning of June. I know that's a quick turnaround, but I think it is doable. Thanks for all your support.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Jenn Beech