Monday, February 02, 2009

BUSTED!

Okay, as you know Kiersten lost a tooth last week. OH, THE PRESSURE! I had to make preparations for the tooth fairy. More likely I had to remember the tooth fairy was coming. The more teeth lost around here, the more hit and miss the tooth fairy becomes.

One time it took her almost a week to make the exchange. Another time Kiersten put her tooth under her pillow and the tooth fairy couldn't find it. Kiersten then put it in a plastic baggie only to be skipped again. She came into our room in the morning saying that they tooth fairy couldn't open zip lock baggies (refer to Jan 2005 post) and she tried again. Finally, success!

I was determined that the tooth fairy would make her visit on time. Kiersten put her tooth in a zip lock, only partially closed, and set it on her dresser. After checking that she was asleep the tooth fairy crept in and tried to make the exchange. Kiersten woke up, looked at her and then rolled over and went back to sleep. I thought I was okay. The next morning Reagan comes in smiling and asks me if I put the money in the baggie and took the tooth. I was shocked. Kiersten and Reagan are good buddies. If Kiersten says it's so, Reagan believes. I'm not sure how to talk my way out of this for Reagan. Kiersten, however is "in the know". I haven't come out and admitted it, but Kiersten and I just smile at each other whenever we talk about the tooth fairy.

It's sad to watch as some of the magic of childhood disappears. My little girls are growing up! I wonder what they think about Santa?

2 comments:

danakat said...

Oh dear. Don't ask them about Santa. Just play make-believe until they're in college. That's what I plan on doing with my little people.

Lisha said...

This home's tooth fairy is lame-o, too. My mom once gave me a copy of a magazine article all about what to do when the tooth fairy doesn't show up on time... I must say it was pretty creative.